Re: [hiprg] HIPRG document process

"Gyu Myoung Lee" <gmlee@icu.ac.kr> Wed, 02 December 2009 11:32 UTC

From: Gyu Myoung Lee <gmlee@icu.ac.kr>
To: 'Pascal Urien' <pascal.urien@gmail.com>, "'Henderson, Thomas R'" <thomas.r.henderson@boeing.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 12:22:06 +0100
Cc: hiprg@irtf.org, irtf-chair@irtf.org
Subject: Re: [hiprg] HIPRG document process

Dear All

We have discussed several times for IoT related issues and many of you have
expressed the opinion that this topic is very interesting through HIP RG
meetings and mailing list discussion.

However, we still have various opinions on scope for this topic which the
HIP RG would deal with. In this regards, at the last Hiroshima meeting, the
IRTF chair mentioned that to create a new research group on IoT would be one
of possible solutions.

So, it is very important to determine a right place for discussion on IoT.

First of all, we need to decide whether the HIP RG will develop a document
on conceptual requirements and architecture for IoT without limiting to HIP.
I believe that HIP can be one of candidate solutions in terms of object
naming.

With specific technical solutions like HIP for RF-ID, we should analyze
various cases with consideration of naming and addressing architecture which
other groups are developing.

Best Regards,

Gyu Myoung Lee