[Hipsec-rg] draft-irtf-hiprg-nat-01.txt review

sollins@csail.mit.edu (Karen R. Sollins) Tue, 25 April 2006 05:38 UTC

From: sollins@csail.mit.edu
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 05:38:01 +0000
Subject: [Hipsec-rg] draft-irtf-hiprg-nat-01.txt review

In general I find draft-irtf-hiprg-nat-01.txt to be ready to publish
with a few additional and reiterated small points or nits.  I think
it does a nice job of identifying and considering the issues, and
should be valuable.

First, I also found that it didn't quite stand on its own because it
uses so many acronyms that are not even spelled out.  Perhaps at the
first usage of each acronym, it should be written out fully, with the
acronym in parentheses (to hint to the reader that henceforth the
acronym will be used).

In addition to the nits reported by others, here is my further list:

*  p. 4, 2nd line: "refer to" should be "reference"

* p. 4, 4th line: "It also does not..." - eliminate "also" to read
"It does not".. (since this is the first negative about what the doc
does NOT do).

* p. 5, first line - last word is missing.  The sentence ends it
"before", but doesn't tell me before what - perhaps what is meant is
"before transmission"?

* p. 5, Sect. 2.2, last sentence, 2nd paragraph: The sentence reads,
"They may be addressed in the BEHAVE working group or in [RFC3489]."
This suggests a future action, but one can't plan to do something in
the future within an already existing RFC, so the sentence needs to
say something slightly different about what might happen and what has
already happened.

* Finally, is there an issue with the fact that several of the key
references (2 normative and 1 informative) are currently only
Internet Drafts?

			Karen Sollins