[Hipsec-rg] RG consensus on draft-irtf-hip-nat-00

thomas.r.henderson@boeing.com (Henderson, Thomas R) Wed, 18 January 2006 15:02 UTC

From: thomas.r.henderson@boeing.com
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 15:02:01 +0000
Subject: [Hipsec-rg] RG consensus on draft-irtf-hip-nat-00

The authors of the below I-D would like to submit it to the RFC Editor's
queue as an individual submission for Informational RFC:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-hiprg-nat-00.txt

Since there is no RG track for documents presently (although there are
some discussions among the IRTF chairs about creating one for the
future), what does it mean for RG drafts?  Presently, such drafts are
treated as individual submissions in the RFC Editor process.  However,
some drafts that have achieved consensus in the RGs have, in the past,
added a note in the Introduction stating this consensus (for whatever
that is worth).

For example, the RED manifesto (RFC 2309), a product of the e2e RG,
contains this at the end of the Introduction:

    Preparation of this memo resulted from past discussions of end-to-
end
    performance, Internet congestion, and RED in the End-to-End Research
    Group of the Internet Research Task Force (IRTF).

Likewise, I would like to propose that the following statement be added
to the above HIP RG draft, and am asking whether the RG supports such a
statement:

    This memo was discussed and modified in the Host Identity Protocol

    Research Group and represents a consensus view of the research =20
    group at the time of its submission for publication.

Comments on this statement or the draft itself?  This is not formally a
Last Call, but I will assume lazy consensus (i.e. no comments implies
tacit approval) on this issue.

Tom