[hiprg] fwd: [rrg] New Version Notification for draft-xu-rangi-proxy-01

Xu Xiaohu <xuxh@huawei.com> Fri, 24 July 2009 03:14 UTC

Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 10:47:26 +0800
From: Xu Xiaohu <xuxh@huawei.com>
To: hiprg@irtf.org
Subject: [hiprg] fwd: [rrg] New Version Notification for draft-xu-rangi-proxy-01

Hi all,

I just updated the draft of the proxy mechanism for RANGI
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xu-rangi-proxy-01.txt), a kind of
id/locator split approach.  Since I believe most parts of the proxy
mechanisms described in this draft can also be suitable for HIP,  I  mention
it here, too.

The major changes from the -00 version are as follows (note: the -00 draft
had been presented on the HIPRG session of IETF74):

1. Except of the site proxy mechanism defined in the -00 version,  a transit
proxy mechanism is introduced to support communications from legacy IPv6
hosts to RANGI hosts in the scenario where the legacy site network has not
yet deployed any site proxy.  With this mechanism, the transit proxies are
deployed in the transit networks by ISPs and the identifier-based routing is
also supported in the transit netwroks. To some extent, the transit proxy is
similar to the APR in the VA
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-grow-va-00) and the PTR in the LISP.

2.  For RANGI hosts to initiate communications with the legacy hosts in the
above scenario, the RANGI hosts will establish sessions in the traditional
IPv6 fashion once they recognizes that the identifiers of the destination
hosts are IPv6 addresses (i.e. locators).

Any comments are welcome.

Xiaohu

Xiaohu