[Hipsec] Submitting draft-moskowitz-hip-arch-05 to the RFC EDITOR

pekka.nikander@nomadiclab.com (Pekka Nikander) Mon, 20 October 2003 02:13 UTC

From: pekka.nikander@nomadiclab.com
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 02:13:01 +0000
Subject: [Hipsec] Submitting draft-moskowitz-hip-arch-05 to the RFC EDITOR

Folks,

I am shortly planning to submit draft-moskowitz-hip-arch-05.txt
directly to the RFC EDITOR to be published as an Informational
RFC, as per RFC2026 Section 4.2.3.  The current version of the
draft is available at the URLs listed in the bottom of this message.

As far as I can tell, I have taken care of all the issues
that were noticed during our informal last call.  I have
marked Issues #2-#4 as Closed.  Issues #1 and #5 are still
as Proposal, since there *may* be additional discussion that
needs to be closed.

The planned schedule is as follows:

   Now:                     The pre-draft is available.

                            Wait for corrections based on the version
                            listed below.  Close issues #1 and #5.

   Wed, Oct 22, 9am GMT+2:  Submit the draft to the drafts repository.
                            Announce the draft at ipsec, mipv6, miv4,
                            multi6, and ietf-discuss.

                            Wait for comments.  I don't expect any
                            substantial ones, but there may be editorial
                            things that need to be clarified.  There may
                            also ensue discussion, but such discussion
                            should not slow down the draft.

   Mon, Oct 27, morning:    Submit the draft directly to the RFC Editor,
                            CC:in the IESG.

Per RFC2026 Section 4.2.3, the RFC editor will wait for two two weeks
for comments, and consult the IESG.  I have no idea how the IESG will
react or how timely their reaction will be.  However, if everything
goes smoothly (which is possible but not very likely), the document
might get an RFC number already during the Minneapolis meeting.

The pre-draft is available at the following URLs.

http://www.tml.hut.fi/~pnr/HIP/draft-moskowitz-hip-arch-05-pre-Oct20.txt
http://www.tml.hut.fi/~pnr/HIP/draft-moskowitz-hip-arch-05-pre-Oct20.html
http://www.tml.hut.fi/~pnr/HIP/draft-moskowitz-hip-arch-05-pre-Oct20.xml
http://www.tml.hut.fi/~pnr/HIP/draft-moskowitz-hip-arch-05-pre-Oct20-chbar.txt