[Hipsec] Milestone status

hannu.flinck@nokia.com (hannu.flinck@nokia.com) Fri, 18 June 2004 08:52 UTC

From: hannu.flinck@nokia.com
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 08:52:00 +0000
Subject: [Hipsec] Milestone status

Hello Julien

I also read the draft. I have one question that might have an obvious =
answer, but it is not explicit in the draft.

Why is it that the section 4.1 "Different types of HITs" defines the =
HITs based on IPv6 addressing (i.e. to avoid the most commonly occurring =
IPv6 addresses). Is it because of the transition period mentioned in 4.2 =
only? Or is there some more fundamental reason?
What ever the reason could be it would be nice to have mentioned it.

- Hannu

1 Intro
- Perhaps it could be explicitly mentioned that (non-HAA) HITs and HIs
  without the FQDN cannot be resolved to anything for the time being. Or
  maybe you want to leave some space here.

3 Usage Scenarios
- may prevent him -> may prevent it
- A HIP responder use a Rendezvous Server -> uses
- Maybe something could be said about non-HIP nodes as well, such as
  "Non-HIP nodes should not use the HIP RR extensions for anything else
  than diagnostic purposes". Or maybe this just too obvious.

4.4 Providing multiple IP addresses
5.1.4 RDATA format public key
- text coming up in the next version?

Other than that, good work!