Re: [Hipsec] RFC5206-bis and next steps

Christian Vogt <christian.vogt@ericsson.com> Wed, 06 January 2010 17:58 UTC

From: Christian Vogt <christian.vogt@ericsson.com>
To: "Henderson, Thomas R" <thomas.r.henderson@boeing.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 12:51:37 -0500
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: Pekka Nikander <pekka.nikander@ericsson.com>, HIP <hipsec@ietf.org>, Jari, Arkko <jari.arkko@ericsson.com>
Subject: Re: [Hipsec] RFC5206-bis and next steps

Tom -

I agree that NAT traversal support as well as support for handovers
across address families would be useful to add to the document.  I
don't see either of this as new functionality, but rather as a
robustness improvement.

In regards of your suggestion to move use cases into a separate
document:  Why not?  It makes sense in particular because the use case
description is quite comprehensive.

- Christian