[Hipsec] Re: What end-point identifiers are needed for?

Dave Crocker <dcrocker@brandenburg.com> (Dave Crocker) Wed, 17 September 2003 01:27 UTC

From: Dave Crocker <dcrocker@brandenburg.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 01:27:01 +0000
Subject: [Hipsec] Re: What end-point identifiers are needed for?

Folks,

PN> [Cross-posting to hipsec since this analysis seems to
PN>   be important for HIP, too.  CC:s appropriately, please.]

I have to admit to being pretty confused about choosing the right venue for
the various discussion going on.

    Absent better guidance, I am pointing mobility/multihoming discussions to
    multi6.

I just sent that list the following announcement, which includes an I-D that
discusses choices including endpoint identifier.  Hence, it tries to go
through some of the exercise in Pekka's query.

- - - - -

I've just submitted some new mobility/multihoming I-Ds for distribution.
Meanwhile, they are available from my website, in text and MS Word formats.

The first breaks out the "discussion" section of the original MAST paper and
expands on it:

     Choices for Support of Multiaddressing

     Text:
       <http://brandenburg.com/specifications/draft-crocker-mast-analysis-00.txt>
     MSWord :
       <http://brandenburg.com/specifications/draft-crocker-mast-analysis-00.doc>

The second is the revised draft proposal:

     Multiple Address Service For Transport (MAST):
     An Extended Proposal

     Text:
        <http://brandenburg.com/specifications/draft-crocker-mast-proposal-01.txt>
     MSWord:
        <http://brandenburg.com/specifications/draft-crocker-mast-proposal-01.doc>

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <dcrocker-at-brandenburg-dot-com>
 Brandenburg InternetWorking <www.brandenburg.com>