Re: [Hipsec] Noticed a 2012 patent application with respect to HIP and HIT handling -- has patent sillyness started for HIP?

Hannes Tschofenig <hannes.tschofenig@gmx.net> Wed, 13 June 2012 11:40 UTC

From: Hannes Tschofenig <hannes.tschofenig@gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 14:40:02 +0300
To: Miika Komu <mkomu@cs.hut.fi>
Cc: hip WG <hipsec@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Hipsec] Noticed a 2012 patent application with respect to HIP and HIT handling -- has patent sillyness started for HIP?

The subject header of the message says: "has patent sillyness started for HIP"?

--> If you only search for Pekka Nikander in the patent archive you will find lots of patents on HIP.
So, the answer is "yes" and a long time ago already.

Regarding your assessment of the patent you need to know that it does not matter whether you think a patent is valid or not the opinion of a judge matters in a patent dispute.

Ciao
Hannes