Re: [homenet] I-D Action: draft-ietf-homenet-hncp-03.txt

Steven Barth <cyrus@openwrt.org> Tue, 06 January 2015 14:44 UTC

Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2015 15:44:00 +0100
From: Steven Barth <cyrus@openwrt.org>
To: homenet@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [homenet] I-D Action: draft-ietf-homenet-hncp-03.txt

hncp-03 concludes our series of rewrites.

This version has been refactored to be based on dncp-00 and specifies
the parameters of a DNCP profile, thus low-level protocol interactions,
and security measures can now be found in the dncp-00 draft.

The hncp-03 draft itself still contains all the homenet-specific TLVs
(prefix assignment, naming / service discovery, dhcp election), the
border discovery algorithm (and its security implications) and
additionally requirements and rules for running RA, DHCP servers and
MDNS proxies and generic homenet router requirements such as the use of
a TBD routing protocol to replace routing protocol election and the so
called "fallback routing" mechanism.

We hope the draft is now easier to understand and we hope that you all
give it a read and provide feedback and input.

Cheers,

Steven