[homenet] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-ietf-homenet-prefix-assignment-02.txt

Pierre Pfister <pierre.pfister@darou.fr> Tue, 06 January 2015 08:06 UTC

From: Pierre Pfister <pierre.pfister@darou.fr>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2015 09:06:32 +0100
To: "homenet@ietf.org Group" <homenet@ietf.org>
Subject: [homenet] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-ietf-homenet-prefix-assignment-02.txt

Hello group,

Following the publication of DNCP (part of HNCP + PA drafts split), here is a rewritten version of the prefix assignment algorithm.
The document has been entirely refactored for the sake of clarity and genericity. But the algorithm is similar to what was there since more than one year now.

Although the previous version of the document was specifying both prefix assignment and hosts and routers configuration, this new version only focuses on the former. The later will be included in hncp-03.

As most discussions about the previous versions were focusing on parts of the draft which will be moved to hncp-03, and because the algorithm has been there for quite a while now, we believe this document could reach consensus fairly quickly. Which is why we would like to have a few reviews so we can move forward on this document, and focus on HNCP and RP selection.

- Pierre