Re: [http-auth] I-D Action: draft-morand-http-digest-2g-aka-03.txt

Yoav Nir <ynir@checkpoint.com> Tue, 03 September 2013 17:39 UTC

From: Yoav Nir <ynir@checkpoint.com>
To: Sean Turner <turners@ieca.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2013 17:39:23 +0000
x-originating-ip: [172.31.21.200]
x-kse-antivirus-interceptor-info: protection disabled
Cc: "<http-auth@ietf.org>" <http-auth@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [http-auth] I-D Action: draft-morand-http-digest-2g-aka-03.txt

Hi Sean,

Looking over the discussion in httpbis ([1]), it's not clear to me whether this is documenting existing practice or whether it's proposing a new method. Either way, this method seems specific to a domain, where I believe the author has much more expertise than people in the working group. I am personally fine with it proceeding as an independent submission. I would also be fine with the working group discussing this, but I don't know how much value we could add.

Yoav (with no hats)
[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/2012AprJun/0375.html