[http-auth] Reminder: Looking for reviewers

Yoav Nir <ynir@checkpoint.com> Tue, 30 April 2013 07:22 UTC

From: Yoav Nir <ynir@checkpoint.com>
To: "http-auth@ietf.org" <http-auth@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 07:21:21 +0000
x-originating-ip: [172.31.21.185]
x-kse-antivirus-interceptor-info: scan successful
x-kse-antivirus-info: Clean
Subject: [http-auth] Reminder: Looking for reviewers

Hi Folks.

On Apris 10th, we issued a call for acceptance for several drafts. One has since been withdrawn. The remaining ones are (in no particular order):
 - draft-williams-http-rest-auth
 - draft-farrell-httpbis-hoba
 - draft-oiwa-http-mutualauth and draft-oiwa-http-auth-extension
 - draft-melnikov-httpbis-scram-auth

We already have 2-3 people who have committed to reviewing each of these drafts. Of course we value quality over quantity, but we would like to have some more. So this is a call for volunteers to review these drafts. You don't have to be a cryptographer to do these reviews (but if you are, that would be great!). We will ask reviewers to look at security, at implementation pitfalls, and at barriers to implementation in browsers, programmatic clients, and servers.  So if you have a good "feel" for security, we need you. And if you have experience in developing browsers or web applications, especially when such web applications require authentication and are high-value (think banks, online shopping), we really, really need you.

Please send email to the list, or to me directly.

Just to get things started, I will review rest-auth and SCRAM.

Thanks in advance

Matt & Yoav