Re: [hybi] Mismatch between Charter and Design Space draft

S Moonesamy <sm+ietf@elandsys.com> Thu, 05 August 2010 12:01 UTC

Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 04:55:25 -0700
To: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
From: S Moonesamy <sm+ietf@elandsys.com>
Cc: hybi@ietf.org, Joe Hildebrand <jhildebr@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: [hybi] Mismatch between Charter and Design Space draft

Hi Danny,
At 13:18 04-08-10, Danny Ayers wrote:
>[[
>Jul 2010        Submit a document as a working group item describing the
>Design Space characterization
>]]
>
>However the current draft of this document [2] essentially describes
>requirements for HyBi itself rather than how the Web works. The
>description of deployed infrastructure that appears does so
>specifically in relation to bidirectional transports, rather than
>being that of the Web at large.
>
>As it's now past the goal/milestone date, I hope there will soon be a
>revision which is in line with the Charter - when I came across the
>group I was really looking forward to seeing such a document.

The milestones are tentative.  The milestone for the WebSocket
requirements document is before the one for Design Space characterization.

The number of messages posted to this mailing list about framing
might characterize how difficult it is for the HyBi WG to achieve consensus.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy
HyBi WG Secretary