I-D Action: draft-groves-core-senml-bto-00.txt

internet-drafts@ietf.org Mon, 17 October 2016 08:09 UTC

From: internet-drafts@ietf.org
To: i-d-announce@ietf.org
Subject: I-D Action: draft-groves-core-senml-bto-00.txt
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 01:09:01 -0700

        Title           : SenML Base Time Offset Attribute
        Authors         : Christian Groves
                          Weiwei Yang
	Filename        : draft-groves-core-senml-bto-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2016-10-17

Abstract:
   SenML [I-D.ietf-core-senml] defines a base time attribute and time
   value which is used to determine the time when a value is recorded.
   In some applications a SenML package will contain a series of records
   related to a constant sample time interval, e.g. once every 60
   seconds.  This means that the time attribute will be required for
   each record.  This document defines a new "time offset" base
   attribute that allows a sender to include the time for the sample
   interval between records.  If the "time offset" base attribute is
   used the sender will not send the time attribute for each record,
   minimising message and storage size.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-groves-core-senml-bto/

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-groves-core-senml-bto-00

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/