I-D Action: draft-song-ippm-ioam-ipv6-support-00.txt

internet-drafts@ietf.org Tue, 03 March 2020 18:10 UTC

From: internet-drafts@ietf.org
To: i-d-announce@ietf.org
Subject: I-D Action: draft-song-ippm-ioam-ipv6-support-00.txt
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2020 10:10:13 -0800

        Title           : Approaches on Supporting IOAM in IPv6
        Authors         : Haoyu Song
                          Zhenbin Li
                          Shuping Peng
	Filename        : draft-song-ippm-ioam-ipv6-support-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2020-03-03

Abstract:
   It has been proposed to encapsulate IOAM tracing option data fields
   in IPv6 HbH options header.  However, due to size of the trace data
   and its location in the IPv6 header packets, this arrangement creates
   practical challenges for implementation, especially when other
   extension headers, such as routing header, also exist and require in-
   network processing.  We propose several alternative approaches to
   address this challenge, including separating the IOAM trace data to a
   different extension header, using the postcard-based telemetry (e.g.,
   IOAM DEX) instead, and applying the segment IOAM trace export scheme,
   based on the network scenario and application requirements.  We
   discuss the pros and cons of each approach and foster standard
   convergence and industry adoption.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-song-ippm-ioam-ipv6-support/

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-song-ippm-ioam-ipv6-support-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-song-ippm-ioam-ipv6-support-00