I-D Action: draft-auge-dmm-hicn-mobility-deployment-options-02.txt

internet-drafts@ietf.org Fri, 05 July 2019 15:30 UTC

From: internet-drafts@ietf.org
To: i-d-announce@ietf.org
Subject: I-D Action: draft-auge-dmm-hicn-mobility-deployment-options-02.txt
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2019 08:30:57 -0700

        Title           : Anchorless mobility management through hICN (hICN-AMM): Deployment options
        Authors         : Jordan Auge
                          Giovanna Carofiglio
                          Luca Muscariello
                          Michele Papalini
	Filename        : draft-auge-dmm-hicn-mobility-deployment-options-02.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2019-07-05

Abstract:
   A novel mobility management approach is described in
   [I-D.auge-dmm-hicn-mobility], that leverages routable location-
   independent identifiers (IDs) and an Information-Centric Networking
   (ICN) communication model integrated in IPv6, also referred to as
   Hybrid ICN (hICN) [I-D.muscariello-intarea-hicn].

   Such approach belongs to the category of pure ID-based mobility
   management schemes whose objective is (i) to overcome the limitations
   of traditional locator-based solutions like Mobile IP, (ii) to remove
   the need for a global mapping system as the one required by locator-
   identifier separation solutions like LISP
   [I-D.ietf-lisp-introduction] or ILA [I-D.herbert-intarea-ila].

   ID-based networking as proposed by ICN architectures allows to
   disentangle forwarding operations from changes of network location,
   hence removing tunnels and user plane or control plane anchors.  In
   virtue of its anchorless property, we denote this approach as hICN-
   AMM (hICN Anchorless Mobility Management) hereinafter.

   This document discusses hICN-AMM deployment options and related
   tradeoffs in terms of cost/benefits.  Particular attention is devoted
   to the insertion in the recently proposed 5G Service Based
   Architecture under study at 3GPP where an hICN-AMM solution might
   present a more efficient alternative to the traditional tunnel-based
   mobility architecture through GTP-U.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-auge-dmm-hicn-mobility-deployment-options/

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-auge-dmm-hicn-mobility-deployment-options-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-auge-dmm-hicn-mobility-deployment-options-02