I-D Action: draft-spv-ippm-monitor-methodology-services-kpi-00.txt

internet-drafts@ietf.org Mon, 05 October 2015 19:46 UTC

From: internet-drafts@ietf.org
To: i-d-announce@ietf.org
Subject: I-D Action: draft-spv-ippm-monitor-methodology-services-kpi-00.txt
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2015 12:46:21 -0700

        Title           : Monitoring Service KPIs using TWAMP - Methodology
        Authors         : Srivathsa Sarangapani
                          Peyush Gupta
                          Vinayak Hegde
	Filename        : draft-spv-ippm-monitor-methodology-services-kpi-00.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2015-10-05

Abstract:
   We are introducing a new method to calculate services KPIs and
   metrics in the network using TWAMP protocol.  The services here
   ranging from subscriber aware services to security application,
   Traffic load balancing, content delivery, real time streaming and
   like.The KPIs discussed in this draft include Service Latency,
   Serviced Packets Count, Serviced Subscriber Count, Application
   Liveliness and Session load per Service.  KPIs monitoring of these
   services therefore, play a vital role in optimum usage of network
   resources such as capacity and throughput.  Once we have the
   attributes like service latency, the network topology can be chosen
   to provide better quality of experience to the end user.  For
   different services, the attributes may vary and our design takes care
   of supporting different KPIs for different services model.
   Additionally, liveliness of application and servers can be monitored
   using this proposed solution.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-spv-ippm-monitor-methodology-services-kpi/

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-spv-ippm-monitor-methodology-services-kpi-00

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/