I-D Action: draft-song-ippm-ioam-ipv6-support-03.txt

internet-drafts@ietf.org Mon, 04 March 2024 18:09 UTC

From: internet-drafts@ietf.org
To: i-d-announce@ietf.org
Subject: I-D Action: draft-song-ippm-ioam-ipv6-support-03.txt
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2024 10:09:59 -0800

Internet-Draft draft-song-ippm-ioam-ipv6-support-03.txt is now available.

   Title:   Scalable Approaches on Supporting IOAM in IPv6
   Authors: Haoyu Song
            Zhenbin Li
            Shuping Peng
            James Guichard
   Name:    draft-song-ippm-ioam-ipv6-support-03.txt
   Pages:   10
   Dates:   2024-03-04

Abstract:

   IOAM pre-allocated trace option data fields can be encapsulated in
   IPv6 HbH options header as described in RFC9486.  However, due to the
   potential large size of the trace data and the HbH extension header
   location in the IPv6 packets, the scheme creates practical challenges
   for implementation, especially when other extension headers, such as
   a routing header, also exist and require on-path processing.  We
   propose two alternative approaches to address this challenge in
   addition to IOAM DEX: separating the IOAM incremental trace data from
   the IOAM instruction header, and applying the segment IOAM trace data
   export scheme, based on the network scenario and application
   requirements.  We discuss the pros and cons of each approach in this
   document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-song-ippm-ioam-ipv6-support/

There is also an HTMLized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-song-ippm-ioam-ipv6-support-03

https://author-tools.ietf.org/iddiff?url2=draft-song-ippm-ioam-ipv6-support-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at:
rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts