I-D Action:draft-rimac-p2prg-alto-survey-00.txt

Internet-Drafts@ietf.org Mon, 06 July 2009 08:45 UTC

From: Internet-Drafts@ietf.org
To: i-d-announce@ietf.org
Subject: I-D Action:draft-rimac-p2prg-alto-survey-00.txt
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 01:45:01 -0700

	Title           : A Survey on Research on the Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) Problem
	Author(s)       : I. Rimac, et al.
	Filename        : draft-rimac-p2prg-alto-survey-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2009-07-06

A significant part of the Internet traffic today is generated by
peer-to-peer (P2P) applications used traditionally for file-sharing,
and more recently for real-time communications and live media
streaming.  Such applications discover a route to each other through
an overlay network with little knowledge of the underlying network
topology.  As a result, they may choose peers based on information
deduced from empirical measurements, which can lead to suboptimal
choices.  We refer to this as the Application Layer Traffic
Optimization (ALTO) problem.  In this draft we present a survey of
existing literature on discovering topology characteristics.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rimac-p2prg-alto-survey-00.txt

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Internet-Draft.
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rimac-p2prg-alto-survey-00.txt"><ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rimac-p2prg-alto-survey-00.txt>