I-D Action: draft-dekater-panrg-scion-overview-05.txt

internet-drafts@ietf.org Sun, 05 November 2023 12:24 UTC

From: internet-drafts@ietf.org
To: i-d-announce@ietf.org
Subject: I-D Action: draft-dekater-panrg-scion-overview-05.txt
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2023 04:24:09 -0800

Internet-Draft draft-dekater-panrg-scion-overview-05.txt is now available.

   Title:   SCION Overview
   Authors: Corine de Kater
            Nicola Rustignoli
            Adrian Perrig
   Name:    draft-dekater-panrg-scion-overview-05.txt
   Pages:   39
   Dates:   2023-11-05

Abstract:

   The Internet has been successful beyond even the most optimistic
   expectations and is intertwined with many aspects of our society.
   But although the world-wide communication system guarantees global
   reachability, the Internet has not primarily been built with security
   and high availability in mind.  The next-generation inter-network
   architecture SCION (Scalability, Control, and Isolation On Next-
   generation networks) aims to address these issues.  SCION was
   explicitly designed from the outset to offer security and
   availability by default.  The architecture provides route control,
   failure isolation, and trust information for end-to-end
   communication.  It also enables multi-path routing between hosts.

   This document discusses the motivations behind the SCION architecture
   and gives a high-level overview of its fundamental components,
   including its authentication model and the setup of the control- and
   data plane.  As SCION is already in production use today, the
   document concludes with an overview of SCION deployments.

   For detailed descriptions of SCION's components, refer to
   [I-D.dekater-scion-pki], [I-D.dekater-scion-controlplane], and
   [I-D.dekater-scion-dataplane].  A more detailed analysis of
   relationships and dependencies between components is available in
   [I-D.rustignoli-scion-components].

The IETF datatracker status page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dekater-panrg-scion-overview/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-dekater-panrg-scion-overview-05.html

https://author-tools.ietf.org/iddiff?url2=draft-dekater-panrg-scion-overview-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at:
rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts