I-D Action:draft-nat46compare-perkins-00.txt

Internet-Drafts@ietf.org Mon, 01 March 2010 21:00 UTC

From: Internet-Drafts@ietf.org
To: i-d-announce@ietf.org
Subject: I-D Action:draft-nat46compare-perkins-00.txt
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 13:00:01 -0800

	Title           : Comparison and integration of IVI, IVI+DHCP, DIVI and SIPNAT
	Author(s)       : C. Perkins, et al.
	Filename        : draft-nat46compare-perkins-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2010-03-01

IVI, IVI + DHCPv6, IVI:N, Bidirectional NAT, and SIPNAT have been
proposed to global Internet access to IPv6-only domains.  These
methods are not all mutually exclusive, and we propose that IVI
(along with its variants) along with SIPNAT may be considered
together as a more complete solution for enabling access from today's
IPv4 global Internet into IPv6-only domains.  This would likely have
the effect of accelerating the adoption of IPv6, since with such
access enablements there would be much reduced incentive for new
deployments to require IPv4 addressability.  As part of the
discussion, we also include a comparison of the various techniques so
the relative trade-offs may be more easily understood.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nat46compare-perkins-00.txt

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Internet-Draft.
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nat46compare-perkins-00.txt"><ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nat46compare-perkins-00.txt>