I-D Action: draft-sriram-route-leak-detection-mitigation-00.txt

internet-drafts@ietf.org Mon, 27 October 2014 23:02 UTC

From: internet-drafts@ietf.org
To: i-d-announce@ietf.org
Subject: I-D Action: draft-sriram-route-leak-detection-mitigation-00.txt
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 16:01:36 -0700

        Title           : Methods for Detection and Mitigation of BGP Route Leaks
        Authors         : Kotikalapudi Sriram
                          Doug Montgomery
	Filename        : draft-sriram-route-leak-detection-mitigation-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2014-10-27

Abstract:
   In [I-D.ietf-sriram-route-leak-problem-definition], the authors have
   provided a definition of the route leak problem, and also enumerated
   several types of route leaks.  In this document, we first examine
   which of those route-leak types are detected and mitigated by the
   existing BGPSEC protocol [I-D.ietf-sidr-bgpsec-protocol-09].  Where
   the current BGPSEC protocol doesn't offer a solution, this document
   suggests an enhancement that would extend the route-leak detection
   and mitigation capability of BGPSEC.  The solution can be implemented
   in BGP without necessarily tying it to BGPSEC.  Incorporating the
   solution in BGPSEC is one way of implementing it in a secure way.  We
   do not claim to have provided a solution for all possible types of
   route leaks, but the solution covers several, especially considering
   some significant route-leak attacks or occurrences that have been
   observed in recent years.  The document also includes a stopgap
   method for detection and mitigation of route leaks for the phase when
   BGPSEC (path validation) is not yet deployed but only origin
   validation is deployed.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sriram-route-leak-detection-mitigation/

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sriram-route-leak-detection-mitigation-00

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/