I-D Action: draft-arkko-farrell-arch-model-t-redux-01.txt

internet-drafts@ietf.org Mon, 22 February 2021 20:05 UTC

From: internet-drafts@ietf.org
To: i-d-announce@ietf.org
Subject: I-D Action: draft-arkko-farrell-arch-model-t-redux-01.txt
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 12:05:41 -0800

        Title           : Internet Threat Model Evolution: Background and Principles
        Authors         : Jari Arkko
                          Stephen Farrell
	Filename        : draft-arkko-farrell-arch-model-t-redux-01.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2021-02-22

Abstract:
   Communications security has been at the center of many security
   improvements in the Internet.  The goal has been to ensure that
   communications are protected against outside observers and attackers.

   This memo suggests that the existing RFC 3552 threat model, while
   important and still valid, is no longer alone sufficient to cater for
   the pressing security and privacy issues seen on the Internet today.
   For instance, it is often also necessary to protect against endpoints
   that are compromised, malicious, or whose interests simply do not
   align with the interests of users.  While such protection is
   difficult, there are some measures that can be taken and we argue
   that investigation of these issues is warranted.

   It is particularly important to ensure that as we continue to develop
   Internet technology, non-communications security related threats, and
   privacy issues, are properly understood.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-arkko-farrell-arch-model-t-redux/

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-arkko-farrell-arch-model-t-redux-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-arkko-farrell-arch-model-t-redux-01

https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-arkko-farrell-arch-model-t-redux-01