I-D Action: draft-zhou-pce-latency-00.txt

internet-drafts@ietf.org Thu, 18 April 2024 06:28 UTC

From: internet-drafts@ietf.org
To: i-d-announce@ietf.org
Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhou-pce-latency-00.txt
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 23:28:31 -0700

Internet-Draft draft-zhou-pce-latency-00.txt is now available.

   Title:   A Method for Exploring Latency Correlation in Multipath Networks
   Authors: Ying Zhou
            Mingzhen Wu
   Name:    draft-zhou-pce-latency-00.txt
   Pages:   9
   Dates:   2024-04-17

Abstract:

   The exploration of latency correlation patterns is of great
   significance for characterizing network states. However, existing
   measurement approaches have to confront multiple challenges in
   detecting latency correlation factors, such as probing speed,
   routing hops and geographical locations. In this paper, we conduct
   three tasks to handle these issues. The first is to construct
   relative latency measurement strategies for individual machines
   without any time synchronization and control plane requirements. The
   probing speed has been increased by 14.3% in the same hardware
   conditions. In 4G/5G heterogeneous edges enabled by different mobile
   operators, worldwide 5003 target servers are selected to acquire
   more than 1TB network datasets. The second is to reveal the
   potential modes between latency and routing hops. Surprisingly,
   91.2% available targets present non-positive characteristics in
   extreme cases. The third is to analyze the fine-grained relationship
   between latency and geographical locations. We found that the
   significance of mean backward receiving delay is higher than other
   parameters, with a maximum of 33%. Finally, we also made
   optimizations regarding latency compression and time accuracy in
   multipath networks. The experimental data have been released to an
   open-source community for further investigations.

The IETF datatracker status page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhou-pce-latency/

There is also an HTMLized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-zhou-pce-latency-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at:
rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts