I-D Action: draft-matsushima-stateless-uplane-vepc-04.txt

internet-drafts@ietf.org Mon, 09 March 2015 23:08 UTC

From: internet-drafts@ietf.org
To: i-d-announce@ietf.org
Subject: I-D Action: draft-matsushima-stateless-uplane-vepc-04.txt
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 16:08:09 -0700

        Title           : Stateless user-plane architecture for virtualized EPC (vEPC)
        Authors         : Satoru Matsushima
                          Ryuji Wakikawa
	Filename        : draft-matsushima-stateless-uplane-vepc-04.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2015-03-09

Abstract:
   We envision a new mobile architecture for the future Evolved Packet
   Core (EPC).  The new architecture is designed to support the
   virtualization scheme called NFV (Network Function Virtualization).
   In our architecture, the user plane of EPC is decoupled from the
   control-plane and uses routing information to forward packets of
   mobile nodes.  Although the EPC control plane will run on hypervisor,
   our proposal does not modify the signaling of the EPC control plane.
   The benefits of our architecture are 1) scalability, 2) flexibility
   and 3) Manageability.  How to run the EPC control plane on NFV is out
   of our focus in this document.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-matsushima-stateless-uplane-vepc/

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-matsushima-stateless-uplane-vepc-04

http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-matsushima-stateless-uplane-vepc-04