I-D Action: draft-templin-sealopt-00.txt

internet-drafts@ietf.org Wed, 11 January 2012 01:06 UTC

From: internet-drafts@ietf.org
To: i-d-announce@ietf.org
Subject: I-D Action: draft-templin-sealopt-00.txt
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 17:06:30 -0800

	Title           : The SEAL IPv6 Extension Header
	Author(s)       : Fred L. Templin
	Filename        : draft-templin-sealopt-00.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2012-01-10

   The Subnetwork Encapsulation and Adaptation Layer (SEAL) provides a
   mid-layer header designed for the encapsulation of an inner network
   layer packet within outer network layer headers.  SEAL also supports
   a transport mode of operation, where the inner payload corresponds to
   an ordinary transport layer payload.  However, SEAL can also provide
   benefit when used as an IPv6 extension header.  Namely, the SEAL
   header when used as an extension header contains a digital signature
   or nonce inserted by the source.  The source can thereafter use the
   digital signature/nonce to verify that any ICMPv6 messages received
   actually came from a router on the path.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-templin-sealopt-00.txt

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-templin-sealopt-00.txt