I-D Action: draft-sriram-idr-route-leak-detection-mitigation-00.txt

internet-drafts@ietf.org Mon, 09 March 2015 21:27 UTC

From: internet-drafts@ietf.org
To: i-d-announce@ietf.org
Subject: I-D Action: draft-sriram-idr-route-leak-detection-mitigation-00.txt
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 14:27:24 -0700

        Title           : Methods for Detection and Mitigation of BGP Route Leaks
        Authors         : Kotikalapudi Sriram
                          Doug Montgomery
	Filename        : draft-sriram-idr-route-leak-detection-mitigation-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2015-03-09

Abstract:
   In [I-D.ietf-grow-route-leak-problem-definition], the authors have
   provided a definition of the route leak problem, and also enumerated
   several types of route leaks.  In this document, we first examine
   which of those route-leak types are detected and mitigated by the
   existing origin validation [RFC 6811] and BGPSEC path validation [I-
   D.ietf-sidr-bgpsec-protocol].  Where the current BGPSEC protocol
   doesn't offer a solution, this document suggests an enhancement that
   would extend the route-leak detection and mitigation capability of
   BGPSEC.  The solution can be implemented in BGP without necessarily
   tying it to BGPSEC.  Incorporating the solution in BGPSEC is one way
   of implementing it in a secure way.  We do not claim to have provided
   a solution for all possible types of route leaks, but the solution
   covers several, especially considering some significant route-leak
   attacks or occurrences that have been observed in recent years.  The
   document also includes a stopgap method for detection and mitigation
   of route leaks for the phase when BGPSEC (path validation) is not yet
   deployed but only origin validation is deployed.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sriram-idr-route-leak-detection-mitigation/

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sriram-idr-route-leak-detection-mitigation-00

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/