I-D Action: draft-sun-softwire-lw4over6-radext-00.txt

internet-drafts@ietf.org Mon, 08 July 2013 14:33 UTC

From: internet-drafts@ietf.org
To: i-d-announce@ietf.org
Subject: I-D Action: draft-sun-softwire-lw4over6-radext-00.txt
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2013 07:33:10 -0700

	Title           : Radius Extension for Lightweight 4over6
	Author(s)       : Chongfeng Xie
                          Qi Sun
                          Qiong Sun
                          Cathy Zhou
                          Tina Tsou
	Filename        : draft-sun-softwire-lw4over6-radext-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2013-07-08

Abstract:
   lightweight 4over6(lw4over6) [I-D.ietf-softwire-lw4over6] is an
   extension to DS-Lite in which the amount of state maintained in
   lwAFTR has been reduced to per-subscriber-level.  The lwB4 needs to
   be provisioned with the public IPv4 address and port set it is
   allowed to use.  The DHCPv4 over DHCPv6 Transport [I.D-ietf-dhc-
   dhcpv4-over-dhcpv6] and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
   Option for Port Set [I.D-sun-dhc-port-set-option] can be used for
   lwB4 to provison with the public IPv4 address and port set.

   However, in many networks, the configuration information may be
   stored in Authentication Authorization and Accounting (AAA) servers
   while user configuration is mainly from Broadband Network Gateway
   (BNG).  This document defines a Remote Authentication Dial In User
   Service (RADIUS) attribute that carries lightweight 4over6
   configuration information from AAA server to BNG.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sun-softwire-lw4over6-radext

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sun-softwire-lw4over6-radext-00

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/