I-D Action: draft-chown-v6ops-call-to-arms-03.txt

internet-drafts@ietf.org Tue, 07 June 2011 19:18 UTC

From: internet-drafts@ietf.org
To: i-d-announce@ietf.org
Subject: I-D Action: draft-chown-v6ops-call-to-arms-03.txt
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2011 12:18:40 -0700

	Title           : World IPv6 Day Call to Arms
	Author(s)       : Tim Chown
                          Mat Ford
                          Stig Venaas
	Filename        : draft-chown-v6ops-call-to-arms-03.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2011-06-07

   The Internet Society (ISOC) has declared that June 8th 2011 will be
   World IPv6 Day, on which some major organisations are going to make
   their content available over IPv6.  With the likes of Google and
   Facebook providing IPv6 access to their production services and
   domains, it is very likely we will see more IPv6 traffic flowing
   across the Internet than has ever been seen before.  With this in
   mind, it seems timely to issue a call to arms for systems and network
   administrators to review their organisation&#39;s IPv6 capabilities in
   order to mitigate common causes of IPv6 connectivity problems in
   advance of the day.  The increased traffic on World IPv6 Day should
   also create an excellent opportunity to observe the behaviour and
   performance of IPv6; it is thus very desirable to have appropriate
   measurement tools in place in advance.  We discuss some appropriate
   tools from the network and application perspective.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chown-v6ops-call-to-arms-03.txt

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chown-v6ops-call-to-arms-03.txt