[I2nsf] Key elements to be included in the Data Models & Information Models presentation in I2NSF WG session

Linda Dunbar <linda.dunbar@huawei.com> Thu, 12 July 2018 20:46 UTC

From: Linda Dunbar <linda.dunbar@huawei.com>
To: "i2nsf@ietf.org" <i2nsf@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 20:45:48 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.192.11.89]
Subject: [I2nsf] Key elements to be included in the Data Models & Information Models presentation in I2NSF WG session

At I2NSF WG session in IETF 102 Montreal, many presentations will be on data models. Reading a model you've never looked at off power point slides and having no time for discussion is both deathly boring and prone to error.

Therefor we suggest your presentation on data models should have the following information:

-        Highlight the major points / problems that the author thinks the WG needs to address or review.

-        Highlight the changes from last IETF

-        Include examples of 1 or 2 concrete policies using JSON or XML.

Please circulate those points to the I2NSF mailing list before next Wed. This increases the likely-hood that the participants interested in the model won't be giving it a cold reading off the slides, and might result in better feedback. Criticism is actually way more useful then support in this case.

If there is useful criticism or discussion already on the model, I would encourage shaping the presentation / discussion around that rather than that trying to present the model in detail in a short slot.

Linda & Yoav