Re: [I2nsf] Key problems to reflect the narrower scoped I2NSF charter

Sumandra Majee <S.Majee@F5.com> Wed, 03 June 2015 17:45 UTC

From: Sumandra Majee <S.Majee@F5.com>
To: Linda Dunbar <linda.dunbar@huawei.com>, DIEGO LOPEZ GARCIA <diego.r.lopez@telefonica.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2015 17:45:20 +0000
x-originating-ip: [192.168.15.239]
Cc: "i2nsf@ietf.org" <i2nsf@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [I2nsf] Key problems to reflect the narrower scoped I2NSF charter

Linda,

My personal opinion is that the issue at hand is diversity of security functionality and lack of enabling those function.
I am not sure if this WG should need differentiate if enforcing NSF is distributed, local or remote or virtual or physical(section 3.1.3) .  It is in fact desirable that interface is consistent and leave the job of optimal placement on scheduling layer.

 The security functions that are invoked to enforce a security
     policy can be located in different equipment and network
     locations.