Re: [I2nsf] draft-ietf-i2nsf-problem-and-use-cases-00.txt

"Susan Hares" <shares@ndzh.com> Thu, 07 July 2016 22:25 UTC

From: Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com>
To: 'Rakesh Kumar' <rkkumar@juniper.net>, 'Linda Dunbar' <linda.dunbar@huawei.com>, diego.r.lopez@telefonica.com, Christian.jacquenet@orange.com
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2016 18:25:17 -0400
Cc: i2nsf@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [I2nsf] draft-ietf-i2nsf-problem-and-use-cases-00.txt

Rakesh:

Thank you for the comments on the draft.    I believe your comments to be technical in nature. If I am mistaken, please let me know.

The original drafts for the use cases were:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pastor-i2nsf-access-usecases-00

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zarny-i2nsf-data-center-use-cases/

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-qi-i2nsf-access-network-usecase-02

We compiled this to provide a summarization of these cases.

The first thing to check is whether your ideas were in these original drafts.  If they are, and you think it should be emphasized in the summary – please indicate the text you think should be included in the summary and why.  This feedback is really useful as due to my struggles with security area reviews – this document did not enter WG LC as requested.  Here’s my understanding of your work.

On Service provider:

Ke Wang, Xiaojun, and Minpeng Q China Mobile)i in draft-qi-i2nsf-access-network-usecase-02 suggested the provider based:  residential  use and enterprise use.  China Mobile suggested the mobile use case in their original discussions.   Myo Zarny (Goldman Sachs), S. Magee (F5), Nicholas Leymann (DT) , and   suggested the data center use cases for data centers.

On Enterprise, for branch and Campus we should get more detail on the threat management policies.  Please check draft-pastor-i2nsf-access-usecases-00, but I am not sure there is a match.  I think the zarny draft covered most of the issues listed, but you should look at this as well.

If you think your text is not in these document, but you’d like to create it.  Please write-up the text and send it to list or put it in a draft.   If you just send it to the list, I’ll include your comments in my slides at IETF-95.

Thanks for reviewing the document,

Sue Hares