Re: [I2nsf] Security event reporting management - the firstMILE

"Susan Hares" <shares@ndzh.com> Thu, 24 March 2016 22:30 UTC

From: Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com>
To: 'Robert Moskowitz' <rgm-ietf@htt-consult.com>, i2nsf@ietf.org
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 18:29:55 -0400
Subject: Re: [I2nsf] Security event reporting management - the firstMILE

I2NSF people:

The I2NSF gap analysis and I2RS work on management flows during DDoS or
network attacks (I'm a co-chair) cause me to realize there was something
different during periods of outage/network attack.  The growth of this is
expanding beyond the management interfaces to BGP.   BGP's Flow
Specification is being expanded to spread flow filters (RFC5575++++)
(another WG I co-chair) that help stop DDoS attacks in carriers.   After
being hit with the perfect storm of needs in 3 WGs, Bob and I looked at the
problem (draft-hares-i2nsf-mgtflow) and solutions.

I suspect the first thing to look at is the problem and provide us feedback.
If you want to discuss the solutions, we are glad to chat about it as well.

Sue