[I2nsf] Stability call for draft-ietf-i2nsf-terminology-03

<christian.jacquenet@orange.com> Mon, 29 May 2017 13:15 UTC

From: christian.jacquenet@orange.com
To: "i2nsf@ietf.org" <i2nsf@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 13:15:01 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.168.234.1]
Subject: [I2nsf] Stability call for draft-ietf-i2nsf-terminology-03

Hi*,

My answer to Adrian's question is #3:

* I would quote RFC 3444 in the definition of the Data Model.

* Not sure I see the need to keep IDS and IPS in the list, since their "definition" only points to the expanded acronyms.

* I find the definition of the Management somewhat contradictory with the definition of the Control Plane, as far as the decision-making process is concerned. I would suggest something like: "In the context of I2NSF, the Management Plane is
an architectural Component that provides common functions to define the behavior of I2NSF Components. The Management Plane can be used to formulate behavioral requirements or instructions and forward them to the I2NSF Control Plane which will in turn derive these requirements or instructions into I2NSF component resource allocation and configuration tasks, as well as the instantiation of (user-specific) security policies. The I2NSF Management Plane is also responsible for handling OAM data, which may influence the decision-making process of the I2NSF Control Plane so that I2NSF Component configurations can be modified accordingly, for example.

* The notion of I2NSF administrative domain is introduced in the definition of the NSF-Facing I/F. I think this encourages the additional definition of what an I2NSF administrative domain is. Maybe something like: "An I2NSF administrative domain is the set of I2NSF components that are managed by a single administrative entity, such as a Security Service Provider."

Cheers,

Christian.