Re: [i2rs] draft-mglt-i2rs-security-requirements-00 2 Week WG adoption call (8/17 to 8/31)

"Susan Hares" <shares@ndzh.com> Thu, 27 August 2015 21:05 UTC

From: Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com>
To: 'Daniel Migault' <daniel.migault@ericsson.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 17:05:46 -0400
Cc: 'Jeffrey Haas' <jhaas@pfrc.org>, i2rs@ietf.org, 'Joel Halpern' <jmh@joelhalpern.com>, 'Alia Atlas' <akatlas@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [i2rs] draft-mglt-i2rs-security-requirements-00 2 Week WG adoption call (8/17 to 8/31)

Daniel:

The last message was not clear.  Let me try again as it might be confusing as to which hat I was wearing.

[2nd attempt]

<co-chair hat on>

I apologize for the confusion on the draft.  At this point, we’ve had lots of feedback from people on the list.  No-one has indicated we should not adopt this draft as the beginning of this work on security environments.

Linda, Jeff, Russ and others are making great suggestions for fixing this draft.   At this point unless we get lots of complaints between now and 8/31, it appears we should adopt the draft.

Juergen suggests we make one draft.  This might be the right long term solution, but as we work on the drafts I think we should refine the documents as two document.   In September, I will call for an opinion on whether we could converge the drafts into 1 draft.

<co-chair hat off>

Sue