Re: [i2rs] 2 week WG adoption call for draft-dong-i2rs-l2-network-topology-01.txt

"Susan Hares" <shares@ndzh.com> Mon, 06 April 2015 13:46 UTC

From: Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com>
To: "'Thomas D. Nadeau'" <tnadeau@lucidvision.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2015 09:45:53 -0400
Cc: i2rs@ietf.org, 'Alia Atlas' <akatlas@gmail.com>, "'Dongjie (Jimmy)'" <jie.dong@huawei.com>
Subject: Re: [i2rs] 2 week WG adoption call for draft-dong-i2rs-l2-network-topology-01.txt

Tom:

See the charter text from http://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/i2rs/charter/

o The ability to extract information about topology from the network.  Injection and creation of topology will not be considered as a work item. Such topology-related models will be based on a generic  topology model to support multiple uses; the generic topology model should support topology extension for non-I2RS uses.

The L2 draft is a Protocol independent an extension of the generic protocol-independent topology module at layer 2.  Please see  <http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-clemm-i2rs-yang-network-topo/> draft-clemm-i2rs-yang-network-topo-04 for details on generic model that points to multiple layers.

The L3 and L2 drafts provide layers of the protocol-independent.  The L1 Topology draft and Service topology drafts need addition work to be aligned with the TEAS WG and other service topology WGs (L3SM, SFC, and SUPA BOF).  Drafts at the L1 layer and Service layer are still within the protocol independent topology.

The WG Adoption calls (L3 topology and L2 topology) are based on this understanding of the I2RS charter

Sue  Hares