Re: [i2rs] IETF 89 agenda published

"Susan Hares" <shares@ndzh.com> Fri, 28 February 2014 16:17 UTC

From: Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com>
To: "'t.petch'" <ietfc@btconnect.com>, 'Jeffrey Haas' <jhaas@pfrc.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 11:16:56 -0500
Cc: i2rs@ietf.org, 'Edward Crabbe' <edc@google.com>
Subject: Re: [i2rs] IETF 89 agenda published

Jeff:

I like, Tom would like to know what the status of the i2rs use-case work?

The following will be presented at IETF individually:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-white-i2rs-use-case/

These use cases provide the distributed reaction to network attacks, remote
service routing (hub spoke), within data center routing, and temporary
overlays.

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-keyupate-i2rs-bgp-usecases/

This has been proposed for the BGP handling case to retrieve information on
the errors, topologies and flowspec, BGP Events, and statistics.  I2RS could
also push information to allow the pushing customer cost communities,
flow-spec routes, new filters for legacy routes, optimize exit control (via
existing policy or PBR).

I am presenting these following of these as a group for my co-authors:

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hares-i2rs-use-case-vn-vc/
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-huang-i2rs-mpls-te-usecases/
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chen-i2rs-mpls-ldp-usecases/
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ji-i2rs-usecases-ccne-service/
(centralized controller)
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chen-i2rs-ts-use-case/
(traffic steering)

This grouping provides a general framework  service layer routing
improvements to hub-and-spoke the i2rs charter requests based on a virtual
networks/virtual connections (draft-hares-i2rs-use-case-vn-vc), utilizing a
centralized controller (draft-i2rs-usecases-ccne-service), mpls-te links
(draft-huang-i2rs-mpls-te-usecases),  mpls ldp
(draft-chen-i2rs-mpls-ldp-usecases), and traffic
Steering (draft-chen-i2rs-ts-use-case).  My co-authors and I seek feedback
on these use cases.

My co-authors and I would love to chat about the mobile backhaul use case:

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhang-i2rs-mbb-usecases/

but since it is not specifically on the charter, I suspect you and Ed will
need to rule if can be discussed on the list.  If it is not, please let me
know.

It is important to get the use cases for these deployments down so we can
adequately discuss the information models.

Sue Hares