Re: [i2rs] Ignas Bagdonas' Discuss on draft-ietf-i2rs-yang-dc-fabric-network-topology-08: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

"Susan Hares" <shares@ndzh.com> Tue, 03 April 2018 22:22 UTC

From: Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com>
To: 'Martin Bjorklund' <mbj@tail-f.com>
Cc: ibagdona@gmail.com, i2rs@ietf.org, draft-ietf-i2rs-yang-dc-fabric-network-topology@ietf.org, iesg@ietf.org, i2rs-chairs@ietf.org
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2018 18:21:53 -0400
Subject: Re: [i2rs] Ignas Bagdonas' Discuss on draft-ietf-i2rs-yang-dc-fabric-network-topology-08: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Martin:

I apologize if my response seem to indicate the descriptions in the YANG
modules or the YANG module overall description.  My response was intended to
query if there were now rules on what needed to be in the introductory
material (non-YANG) in the RFC prior to the YANG module.

AFAIK, the only formal definition for this portion of the YANG RFCs is
regarding the Yang diagram RFC.
Therefore, I was asking Ignas to provide clarity on his DISCUSS to determine
references for his expectations for the introductory material.  A DISCUSS
should have some reference to a YANG web page, or an RFC or some written
context to help the shepherd.   As a shepherd unless I have a reference it
is hard to handle conflicting reviews (shorten the introduction vs. add the
introduction).

If you know of such a web page or RFC, I would appreciate a reference.

Thank you,
Susan Hares