Re: [Ibnemo] Make Intent network to be practical //Re: Feedback on Nemo Status

"Susan Hares" <shares@ndzh.com> Mon, 01 June 2015 20:54 UTC

From: Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com>
To: 'Zhoutianran' <zhoutianran@huawei.com>, 'Xiayinben' <xiayinben@huawei.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 16:54:02 -0400
Cc: nfvrg@irtf.org, sdn@irtf.org, ibnemo@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Ibnemo] Make Intent network to be practical //Re: Feedback on Nemo Status

Tianran:

I like the addition.  Your write-up is very precise and scholarly.  I found
it very important that the Nemo design has entity, capability, and model
requirements.  The clear break down into 3 components is critical to try to
define a minimal language set.  I’m still reaching other previous language
sets (from Andrew and Huub). However, this write-up was to be a bit less
academic.  Do you think this provides this balance.

 Sue

Academic:

[1] Technical this is 3 the following basic groups:

・         entity group: node/unnode, link/unlink, flow/unflow

・         capabilities: policy/unpolicym, query, notification, connect,
disconnect, commit, withdraw

・         model: Node Model, Link Model, and Link statement.

Within these groups are 16 statements, and 38 key works (E.g. Endnodes,
properties)

Non-Academic:

NEMO project provides a simple transaction based Intent-based NBI, enabling
applications to create, modify and take down virtual networks built on
virtual nodes with policy-controlled flows

・         4 network commands: Node, Link, Flow, Policy,

・         6 controller communication commands: connect, disconnect,
transact, commit, notification, query

・         3 Modeling commands: Node Model, Link Model, and Flow Model.[1]

An application exchanges NEMO language commands (often as a script) over
the REST Protocol to a controller running a language processing engine to
instruct the controller to set up a virtual network of nodes and connections
with flow policy to control the data flows across the network links.