[Iccrg] Procedure for obtaining ICCRG reviews

doug.leith@nuim.ie (Douglas Leith) Fri, 03 August 2007 09:54 UTC

From: doug.leith@nuim.ie
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 09:54:49 +0000
Subject: [Iccrg] Procedure for obtaining ICCRG reviews

It might be worth trying to clarify what is meant by "safe to deploy"
when making one of these recommendations.  For example, one argument
is that inclusion of
timeout functionality with backoff of the timeout threshold is enough
for "safety" since it will prevent complete congestion collapse (at
high loss rates operation will revert back to standard TCP
behaviour).  Is this enough ?  In any case, its probably a good idea
to distinguish "safety" from  "performance" per se.

Doug