[Iccrg] SSDT Scope

iccrg-bounces@cs.ucl.ac.uk [mailto:iccrg-bounces@cs.ucl.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Dirceu Cavendish Wed, 26 March 2008 10:24 UTC

From: iccrg-bounces@cs.ucl.ac.uk
To: iccrg@cs.ucl.ac.uk
Subject: [Iccrg] SSDT Scope
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 10:24:00 +0000

On Michael's advise, I am re-sending this message to the ICCRG mailing list.

Hello people interested in Slow Start.
The first discussion is about the scope of the SSDT group. A good starting point is to list what people have experienced as incovenient behavior of slow start. Once we agree on what to address, we can scope the objectives/goals of the SSDT group.

Our "pain points" are:

- multiple segment losses in high bandwidth delay product networks, when SS opens the cwnd to a large value right before transitioning from SS to CA. This typically causes multiple RTOs...
- Unfairness with different session RTTs.

Feel free to add yours.
Dirceu