Re: [icnrg] New Version Notification for draft-irtf-icnrg-terminology-05.txt

"David R. Oran" <daveoran@orandom.net> Sat, 07 September 2019 12:25 UTC

From: "David R. Oran" <daveoran@orandom.net>
To: ICNRG <icnrg@irtf.org>, Börje Ohlman <borje.ohlman@ericsson.com>, Colin Perkins <csp@csperkins.org>
Cc: draft-irtf-icnrg-terminology@ietf.org
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2019 08:25:12 -0400
Subject: Re: [icnrg] New Version Notification for draft-irtf-icnrg-terminology-05.txt

This posting is a revision of the ICN Terminology draft with changes
resulting from the IRSG review. Attached please find the comments by
Marie-Jose Montpetit (the IRSG Reviewer) and responses noting the
associated changes.

In addition to the specific comment responses, a bit of text was added
to improve the document in preparation for final IRTF poll. These are:

- expanded text to fill our two use cases that had eclipses rather than
actual fleshed out information.
- an acknowledgements section was added

Please check this over to ensure the support indicated ion the RG last
call still stands. Börje is acting as Shepherd so this is now in his
hands to assess readiness for final IRTF Poll.

Thanks again to the IRSG, particularly Marie-Jose, for the review, and
to the ICNRG for its support of this work.

DaveO.

On 7 Sep 2019, at 8:17, internet-drafts@ietf.org wrote:

> A new version of I-D, draft-irtf-icnrg-terminology-05.txt
> has been successfully submitted by David Oran and posted to the
> IETF repository.
>
> Name:		draft-irtf-icnrg-terminology
> Revision:	05
> Title:		Information-Centric Networking (ICN): CCNx and NDN Terminology
> Document date:	2019-09-07
> Group:		icnrg
> Pages:		18
> Htmlized:
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-icnrg-terminology-05
> Htmlized:
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-icnrg-terminology
> Diff:
> https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-icnrg-terminology-05
>
> Abstract:
>    Information Centric Networking (ICN) is a novel paradigm where
>    network communications are accomplished by requesting named
> content,
>    instead of sending packets to destination addresses.  Named Data
>    Networking (NDN) and Content-Centric Networking (CCNx) are two
>    prominent ICN architectures.  This document provides an overview of
>    the terminology and definitions that have been used in describing
>    concepts in these two implementations of ICN.  While there are
> other
>    ICN architectures, they are not part of the NDN and CCNx concepts
> and
>    as such are out of scope for this document.  This document is a
>    product of the Information-Centric Networking Research Group
> (ICNRG).

> submission
>
> The IETF Secretariat

DaveO