Re: [icnrg] ICN Baseline Scenarios revised

sitaraman@nmsworks.co.in Fri, 01 February 2013 13:18 UTC

Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 18:46:09 +0530
From: sitaraman@nmsworks.co.in
To: Konstantinos Pentikousis <k.pentikousis@huawei.com>
Cc: Daniel Corujo <dcorujo@av.it.pt>, "g.boggia@poliba.it" <g.boggia@poliba.it>, Börje Ohlman <borje.ohlman@ericsson.com>, "icnrg@irtf.org" <icnrg@irtf.org>
Subject: Re: [icnrg] ICN Baseline Scenarios revised

Hi Kostas,
  Is something along the following lines been studied in the literature
that has been referred to in the document....pointers to the same is
much appreciated...
  Networks, host based, can be modelled clearly as graphs with the hosts
forming the nodes and the links (logical and physical) as connecting
edges. The edges here represent data connectivity.
  Considering Information, we can model Information and its distribution
as a graph. Here, the nodes would represent Information Entities. There
are, at least, two types of relations between Information entities:
a)Causality (of Semantics?) and b)Similarity. Causality could be
modelled as directed edges. Similarity either by edges weight (for fine
grained continuous characterisation) or Node colors (limited and coarse
grained).
   Now, perhaps with the help of Ontologists, classify information into
these graphs. Assuming for the moment location independence of the two
types of nodes (all information is to be accessible everywhere), we
could address the possibly more complicated constrained problem by
relaxing this constraint later...look to mathematicians to address
problem of optimally overlaying the two types of graph (with respect to
bandwidth contention,  latency, rendundancy and such...).
   Once we face the inevitable temporal (scheduling) and spatial(mobile)
shifts of access to these information we would need feedback control to
automatically overlay the graphs now that there are constraint points
on the overlap...
 Thanks
Sitaraman
Sitaraman