[Id-event] Benjamin Kaduk's Yes on draft-ietf-secevent-http-poll-11: (with COMMENT)

Benjamin Kaduk via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Wed, 17 June 2020 00:59 UTC

From: Benjamin Kaduk via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-secevent-http-poll@ietf.org, secevent-chairs@ietf.org, id-event@ietf.org, Yaron Sheffer <yaronf.ietf@gmail.com>, yaronf.ietf@gmail.com
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2020 17:59:33 -0700
Subject: [Id-event] Benjamin Kaduk's Yes on draft-ietf-secevent-http-poll-11: (with COMMENT)

draft-ietf-secevent-http-poll-11: Yes

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-secevent-http-poll/

COMMENT:

Prompted by Mark Notthingham's comments, we should perhaps leave some
breadcrumbs that -push has discussion of alternatives considered and rejected,
though this is less important if that section is to be removed prior to
publication as an RFC.

It may be worth mentioning explicitly in Section 1 that one of the pieces of
configuration metadata to be exchanged includes the
authentication/authorization information for the Recipient, or to discuss
Recipient authentication/authorization in Section 3 where server (i.e.,
Transmitter) authentication is covered.

When we reference RFC 6125, we only mention the DNS-ID name type in Section
4.3 but not in Section 3.  As for -push, we don't necessarily need to mention
it in both places, but it might be nice to be consistent or to remove some of
the redundancy.

Section 5

As for -push, I think both SET Issuers and Transmitters (not just one or the
other) should consider the ramifications of sharing a particular SET.  While
it's true that (as the secdir reviewer of -push noted) when JWE is used the
Issuer has sole knowledge/control, but in other cases the Issuer may not know
the full recipient list.