Re: Thread on - Re: [idn] Prohibit CDN code points

tsenglm@計網中心.中大.tw <tsenglm@cc.ncu.edu.tw> Sat, 26 January 2002 03:04 UTC

From: "tsenglm@計網中心.中大.tw" <tsenglm@cc.ncu.edu.tw>
To: James Seng/Personal <jseng@pobox.org.sg>, idn@ops.ietf.org
Subject: Re: Thread on - Re: [idn] Prohibit CDN code points
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 10:39:32 +0800
Sender: owner-idn@ops.ietf.org

Dear All:
In the draft ,
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idn-idna-06.txt
define the single Unicode code point as follow:

Unicode [UNICODE] is a coded character set containing tens of thousands
of characters. A single Unicode code point is denoted by "U+" followed
by four to six hexadecimal digits, while a range of Unicode code points
is denoted by two hexadecimal numbers separated by "..", with no
prefixes.

My question are:
Q1:   U+hhhh  can be represented as u+hhhh  or not ?
Q2:   Here U+HHHH  is not a hostname , does it MUST be forced to lower
u+hhhh or not  in nameprep ?
Q3:  Puny code  draft  accept  U+hhhh  or  u+hhhh  to let the final encoded
ASCII character (last character of corresponding  encoded code point)  with
case upper or lower.

I   hope draft authors can help to clarify these interconnection point .

L.M.Tseng