[idn] draft-idn-ace37-00.txt

"Edmon" <edmon@neteka.com> Thu, 05 July 2001 18:39 UTC

From: Edmon <edmon@neteka.com>
To: idn@ops.ietf.org, Marc Blanchet <Marc.Blanchet@viagenie.qc.ca>
Subject: [idn] draft-idn-ace37-00.txt
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 14:32:41 -0400
Sender: owner-idn@ops.ietf.org

Hi Marc,
Sorry about all the fuss about trying to submit this draft. Truly.

In any case, please refer to http://www.dnsii.org/idn-ace37-00.txt for my
draft on ACE37.  In essence, the following is what ACE37 tries to achieve.

   ACE37 is a combination of DUDE-02, AMC-W/V and LACE.  ACE37 utilizes
   the simple one pass algorithm of DUDE, the character block
   considerations of AMC-W/V and the Base-32 compression of LACE.  It
   also fully utilizes entire LDH set currently allowed in the DNS (A-
   z, 0-9 and "-") within its character repertoire to optimize
   performance and compression.  Even for the worst-case scenario in
   ACE37, any name can have 21 characters including Chinese, Japanese
   and Korean names.

   ACE37 uses simple character block shifting to achieve the
   compression efficiency of the AMC series, retains the one-pass and
   one mode XOR differential mechanism used by DUDE while embracing the
   base-32 compression used by LACE for efficient character bit
   information.

I am truly excited about the idea and think that it provides a better
solution based on the findings of the ACE design team report.  Perhaps there
are still a number of holes in it, but I think the general direction: to
combine the primary ACEs in a DUDE mode, is a good way to go.

Edmon