Re: [idn] Figuring out what can be displayed

"James Seng" <jseng@pobox.org.sg> Wed, 11 September 2002 15:27 UTC

From: James Seng <jseng@pobox.org.sg>
To: IETF idn working group <idn@ops.ietf.org>, "JFC (Jefsey) Morfin" <jefsey@jefsey.com>
Subject: Re: [idn] Figuring out what can be displayed
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 23:19:39 +0800
Sender: owner-idn@ops.ietf.org

What you described (at least the technical part) is quite different from
IDNA so it should not be mixed up with IDNA.

Since you are a probably new to the IETF process (see RFC 2026), let me
repeat the same thing I told others:

The best way to proceed is to document your proposal in an internet draft
and submit it to the IETF. Only then could we have a proper discussion of
the proposal.

You may also want to look at some other drafts the group have seen.
Particulary, John's dnssearch.

-James Seng