Re: [Idr] Possible to set up priority for Tunnels established by draft-ietf-idr-tunnel-encaps-09 ?

Linda Dunbar <linda.dunbar@huawei.com> Tue, 10 July 2018 19:56 UTC

From: Linda Dunbar <linda.dunbar@huawei.com>
To: Eric C Rosen <erosen@juniper.net>, Jeff Tantsura <jefftant.ietf@gmail.com>, "idr@ietf.org" <idr@ietf.org>, "draft-ietf-idr-tunnel-encaps@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-idr-tunnel-encaps@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2018 19:56:21 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.218.181.47]
Subject: Re: [Idr] Possible to set up priority for Tunnels established by draft-ietf-idr-tunnel-encaps-09 ?

Eric,

Security area has a Working Group draft on the data model of exchanging IPsec Keys: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2nsf-sdn-ipsec-flow-protection/

It was a very lengthy debate on exposing the key via Netconf. Eventually, they (IPsecme group) agreed to ADOPT BUT requiring the authors to document all the associated security risks in the draft. So that people/companies who are willing to take the risks documented in the draft can use them. Maybe we can get pass security expert review afterwards.

We are hoping for a BGP message with a specific SAFI as did in RFC 5512 to carry the information instead of mixing with the BGP UPDATE message, so that receiving CPE doesn’t have to do extra processing, and the msg can be sent via any paths.

Linda