Re: [Idr] WG adoption call for draft-shaikh-idr-bgp-model-02.txt

Jeffrey Haas <jhaas@pfrc.org> Mon, 15 June 2015 18:16 UTC

Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 14:17:47 -0400
From: Jeffrey Haas <jhaas@pfrc.org>
To: Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com>
Cc: idr@ietf.org, idr-chairs@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Idr] WG adoption call for draft-shaikh-idr-bgp-model-02.txt

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 09:08:14AM -0400, Susan Hares wrote:
> This begins a 2 week WG Adoption call for draft-shaikh-idr-bgp-model-02.txt
> (6/15 - 6/29).
>
> http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-shaikh-idr-bgp-model/

I support adoption of this draft.

I will state very early that it is highly likely that the draft will
need to be split into separate drafts based on the necessity to make some
components IANA managed.  It is fine to leave them in the same draft for the
time being, but the minute we get a second draft referring to components
that may need to be revised at a separate cadence a split should happen.

> PS - Benoit just sent out a note that an online validator is at:
> www.yangvalidator.com (from the hand of Carl Moberg).   If you find errors,
> please be kind to the authors because this WG chair encouraged the authors
> to get an initial merged draft out for the 6/15/2015 interim.  There are
> many other BGP yang drafts that will need to align with this draft.

Please also be aware that the modules have previously been shared in
yang central.  I would like to encourage the authors to continue doing this,
even if the location within the repository changes.  This permits edits to
the draft to be done in the form of precise patches rather than ad-hoc
mailing list edits.

-- Jeff